Friday, March 18, 2016

SEOUL TRIP 2015 | tashamichaela

Friday, March 18, 2016

BACK TO SEOUL

This trip was my third return to Seoul and I don't think I'll ever get enough of this magical place. I only traveled here with my mom and sister the first few trips but this time around, my dad came along with us. The trip was to celebrate my sister's 18th birthday with the whole family. Who doesn't want to go see oppa's country for your birthday, right?

Just a warning! This post will be very photo heavy.


This was taken by my mom at the airport just before we left. That day, the airport felt like a church because it was so quiet and barely anyone was at our boarding gate area. It was honestly a first. Airports are usually crowded with people when I travel.


It was pretty late in the evening when we got to Skypark hotel. We had a quick dinner before calling it a night.


I wanted to show my dad the N Seoul Tower and we chose to take the bus to get there. For me, it's much cheaper than the cable car but if you're in it for the experience, go for it. 


Here we are waiting for our ride. 

If you want to know how to get to N Seoul Tower via. bus, you can contact me and I'll help you out! I know how difficult it can be to find your way around unfamiliar places. This was honestly the first time I ever tried taking the bus in Seoul so it was a pretty confusing experience. Nevertheless, we got there!


Ah, the famous love locks.


It was a very bright and sunny day. The perfect weather to go walking up towards the tower. 


Please don't be like me. Wear comfortable walking shoes. I honestly don't know what I was thinking wearing platform sandals.


Once we headed down from the tower area, we had lunch then left for Garosu-gil. I've never been to this particular street before so I thank the internet for fueling my adventurous needs.
This street is lined with pretty cafes and stores as well. Everything appears so 'instagram worthy'  if I do say so myself. 


A+ for visually appealing establishments.


There was a Line store with a HUGE teddy bear inside! So cute~


We were so hungry when we got back to Myeong-dong from Garosu-gil! We took this opportunity to munch down on some Korean street food. My personal favorite? The egg bread also known as gyeran bbang.


The next day was shopping day! This is seriously one of my favorite things to do in Korea especially during the sale seasons. We head off to Ewha Women's University first.


This is one of my mom's favorite stores. She particularly likes the quality of the clothes they sell here.


We kind of get a little crazy when shopping around these parts so we bring a small luggage bag with us. We don't have to carry the shopping bags from our purchases. Instead, we stuff them into the luggage and roll it around. It's much easier that way! Pro tip for ya.


Lots and lots of cute socks.


Walking down the streets of Edae. 


This is the entrance to the university. I feel like I'd go flat broke if I studied here. There's just so much temptation waiting for me outside. 



We took to Hongdae for even more shopping. There were a quite a lot of people that day.


Take time to appreciate the pretty murals too!



My parents felt a little tired from walking around so they stayed at this small ice cream store.



My sister got a pair of graded colored contact lenses from a store at Hongdae as well.



My dad owns a Yakitori place so he wanted to try the Korean street food version.



It was getting dark when we got back. We had a change of clothes and went out to get street food. Yep. More street food.



While my parents rested, I went out for some more shopping and found this amazing store. I'm seriously coming back here when I return to Korea this July.



One of the last few things we did was to visit the Hello Kitty Cafe in Myeong-dong.



You've got to admit... these are pretty dang cute.



Pink. Pink everywhere.



Well my mom seemed to like it.



It was sad that we had to leave the next day. This was our last meal at Myeong-dong before taking off to the airport.



I consoled myself with some fries and quesadilla at the airport.



Here we are back at Manila's airport. After a fun but also exhausting journey, we headed straight home to rest.

Basically those were the highlights of my 2015 trip! Not too long ago, I booked another flight to Korea... but this time, I'm going with a bunch of friends. I can't wait to come back again!

Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

TASHAMICHAELA © 2014